Luke Cunningham Fans To Be Treated to A-List Lineup of Guest Musicians & Contributors Featured on Upcoming Album!
As the Luke Cunningham Band zeroes in on wrapping up the songwriter’s follow up to 2012’s Heart Pressure it appears that fans of the group and their music now have even more reason to be excited about the upcoming release. Aside from finally delivering a recorded version of many fan favorite tunes the group has been playing at live shows for the past two years, the new material and album itself will also apparently boast of one heck of a star-studded cast!
Never a stranger to collaboration, Cunningham—along with cowriters Micah Nichols and Neil B Young—have added even more creative input to the album’s recording process by having some of the southeast’s most-talented musicians, songwriters and successfully-touring acts join them in the studio. The decision—Cunningham says—has resulted in something even more dynamic than he could have imagined.
“The perspective you get and the value of outside input is something we’ve always thought was very important,” says Cunningham. “And simply being able to call on some of the most talented people we know and have them contribute to this project was something we knew would make the end result that much more powerful.”
Though the band’s initial core lineup still remains at the heart and soul of the project, Cunningham—along with guitarist Micah Nichols, drummer Ben Scott and bassist Christian Wood—were still more than happy to welcome a few well-known friends and guest musicians into the fold. The album’s track listing—as of this publication—is scheduled to feature the talents and contributions of:
– Hootie & the Blowfish guitarist/songwriter Mark Bryan lending mandolin performances certain selections.
– Needtobreathe drummer Randal Harris manning the drum kit on the fan-favorite tune Crazy.
– Zac Brindisi (of the award-winning country outfit Gloriana) handling bass duties on the song How You’re Livin.
– Southern rock icons Drivin N Cryin’s bassist Tim Neilsen loaning some low end swagger to one of the album’s tracks.
– The talents of veteran drummer Joe Stillwell—founding member of the band Needtobreathe—on a handful of tunes.
The record’s late summer release date—along with a string of scheduled tour stops—are expected to be announced on the band’s website soon–so keep checking in. Until then fans can read up on the latest news, watch video footage straight from the studio and check out any and all tour dates/special events by going to the band’s official website at www.lukecunninghammusic.com